Thursday, October 17, 2013

Broken chair, street art and Britain on the mend - © PAUL TREACY 2013.

Hello.

Here are some images I made this morning on the way back from school.

Sometimes it can take a while to get the photo you want as you need to wait for the various elements to come together. I waited for the young man to step into the frame to add a much needed human element.


These next images I saw as being a metaphor for a changing Britain. Some might suggest a broken Britain but I think it's on the mend and these images suggest that to me. Again I waited a while to get various elements into the frame. Then it's a matter of sifting through the images to find one or two that may work well and bin the others.

After several photos of people walking into the empty space I finally had someone carrying a bag with a hint of Union Jack. I waited what seemed like ages for this. I was hoping for a big truck with Union Jack livery or some such. Or a biker with a Union Jack safety helmet, for example. Something to give balance to the broken brolly on the new bench.

If I couldn't get a decent Union Jack insignia of some kind, then something mirroring the red and blue already in the image. Then low and behold, a youngster on his little balance bike happened along and I had enough for an edit. Had I been prepared to wait longer I might have had a better picture materialise but time is not always available.


If you like this blog and would like to see more of my work, please take a look at my website at paultreacy.com and my main blog at photohumourist.com where I will soon be blogging about the process of making my next book, SE26.

Thank you for your time.
- Paul.

Follow Paul Treacy on Artfinder

No comments: