Monday, April 26, 2010

PARKOUR FILM IS GO!

Well, my PARKOUR DOCUMENTARY ambitions were taking rather a long time to manifest as a result of not having sufficient capital and seeking start up funding from traditional sources these days is, quite frankly, an exercise in futility.

So I have decided upon a new route that utilizes all the tools we have come to rely on in our everyday lives in the 21st century, social networking and crowd sourcing.

I have outlined my needs and plans at INVESTED.IN, a new kind of fundraising for independent film and the like.

I need to scrape a few ducats together for a new high definition camera and microphone. I have all the lenses I need and can easily adapt them for the new camera.

I would like to shoot some of this film right here in our neighborhood. There are some amazing places in Crystal Palace Park that would lend themselves well to Parkour maneuvers. Right up behind Paxton's head, for example. There are a range of weird obstacles there amongst the concrete mayhem. And up by the sphinxes.

Here is a little recruitment film I made five months ago on the Southbank for my project;

Parkour Project from Paul Treacy on Vimeo.



And here are some stills from that shoot;

PARKOUR - Images by Paul Treacy

Even a dollar helps.

Many thanks.
Paul Treacy

Stills: PAULTREACY.COM
Video: VIMEO.COM/CHANNELS/PAULTREACY
BBC Viewfinder: THE PHOTOHUMOURIST

No comments: