Wednesday, April 29, 2009

FILMING IN THE RAIN IN CRYSTAL PALACE PARK

Same as at Photohumourist blog.

Hears a shot of my son, Eoin filming his brother, Connor with my Flip Mino on a tiny homemade fig rig.

This is a very easy thing to make. It's PVC piping, is all. If anyone is interested in this little thing, please say so in the comments and I'll make a demo movie explaining exactly how to make your own. If you're not bothered about making your own, then I can make one for you for about £20 plus shipping.

It can easily be adapted to accommodate additional items, such as a field recorder for better audio and a microphone. Just let me know what you need. You can also easily attach small led lights. It can be configured any which way you like.

The idea behind the fig rig is to allow the operator to hold it steady for good pans and the like. The Flip is so small that it can be rather difficult to hold steady.

The rig is very light and attaching the camcorder is very easy and fast. I leave mine attached all the time. It still fits easily into a bag.

Let me know in the comments below if you're interested in a tutorial or if you'd like me to make one for you.



See paultreacy.com/video

photo@paultreacy.com
PHOTOHUMOURIST.COM

No comments: